Commerce Credit Union
Seventy years and counting!
That’s how long Florida Commerce Credit Union has been diligently serving its members and
customers as attested by the following incredible accolades.
• Every year since 1994, the credit union has been awarded the Five Star Bauer Rating - the highest award for
outstanding performance and strong capitalization given by Bauer Financial Reports.
• The National Association of Federal Credit Unions named it “National Credit Union of the Year” for 1993. For 4
years straight from 2004 to 2007, Florida Commerce was also chosen as "Best of Tallahassee" in the credit union
• In 2009, the IDC Financial Publishing ranked Florida Commerce Credit Union as among the top percent credit unions
in the USA and the second highest in Florida.
Location and Membership
Florida Commerce Credit Union has 8 branches in Tallahassee: Blairstone Branch at Old St. Augustine Road, Capital
Branch at East College Avenue, Mahan Branch Mahan Drive, Westside Branch at Capital Circle, Bradfordville Branch at
Thomasville Road, another Thomasville Road Branch, and TeliBranch LIVE! - a full service telephone center.
Membership is open to those who work and live in the following counties: Leon, Gadsden, Jefferson, Madison,
Liberty, Wakulla, Jackson and Thomas County, GA.
Credit Card Programs
Florida Commerce Credit Union offers one of the strongest credit card programs in the country for both consumers
and business owners! Its Personal Visa Credit Card offers the following:
• A low introduction rate of 0% for the first 6 billing cycles. Thereafter, rates are as low as 8.99% variable APR
(LIBOR + 3.99%).
• Rewards Passport of 1,000 bonus points upon application; 1.5 points for every $1 of purchase; free flights on
major U.S. airlines; free merchandise from brand names like Sony and Ping. Rates are as low as 12.99% with variable
APR (LIBOR + 7.99%).
• Cash back Rebate of up to 2% automatic cash back on every purchase -no receipts to send in and valid at over 20
million locations. Other features:
• Other benefits include: no annual fee, no liability for unauthorized purchases,
generous credit lines, and 24-hour online access.
Its Business Platinum VISA Card program offers the following:
• 2.99% introduction rate
• Up to 2 % cash back
• Flexible billing options.
• VISA liability waiver program, no-cost auto rental insurance, travel & emergency assistance, purchase
security and extended protection
• $250,000 automatic travel accident insurance
• No annual fee, online access
Other Loan Products and Services
Other loan products include the following: secured and unsecured personal loans, auto loans, RV/Boat loans, student
loans, and mortgages/equity loans- residential property second mortgage, land loan, home equity line of credit,
home equity loans, mortgage, and interest only lot loan.
• Savings Accounts (regular savings account, holiday club account, special savings account, iSave Systematic
Savings Account, and Sammy Squirrel Kids’ Club Account.
• Checking Accounts (iShop! Checking account, free checking account, and SmartStart teen checking account)
• High Yielding Deposit Accounts (money market accounts, IRAs, and Certificate of Deposit accounts)
Bad Credit and No Credit History
Credit unions generally serve only their members and are not-for-profit financial cooperatives. If you are
qualified to be a member of Florida Commerce Credit Union, but have a bad credit history, you can still
apply for their credit cards. However, their regular credit cards may not be extended to you. Your interest rate
may be higher, your credit may have to be secured by a savings account, or you may be required to have a guarantor.
All of these conditions may be applied to you. The same may go for a member with no credit history. More
importantly, however, is that there is an open avenue for you to repair your bad credit standing - better than
Source: Credit Cards For People With Bad Credit Rating
page | Bookmark this page